January 31 @ 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm| $40
Save the date for our January Member Meeting!
Networking | Dinner | Industry Updates
Location: Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Hotel | 45 Industrial Hwy., Essington, PA 19029
We have special guest speakers for our first meeting of the year!
The American Institute of Steel Construction developed an open source, comprehensive procurement system called steelXML in conjunction with steel mills, warehouses and steel industry specific software developers. It is simply a better way to buy steel!
More than 90% of structural steel in the US is purchased via fax or email requiring large amounts of manual re-entry of line items. steelXML enables direct and automated communication between the buyers and sellers of structural steel across the entire procurement process.
- Electronic Request for Quote, Purchase Orders, Bills of Lading, Advanced Shipping Notices, Mill Test Reports, LEED Information
- Reduced errors across multiple functional areas (less redundant manual input=less chance for human error)
- Increased productivity & quality control
- Major Industry Support at ALL Levels of the Supply Chain
- Faster Turnaround on Pricing
- Move Towards E-Commerce
- Standardized File Types
- Eliminates Fax and Manual Entries
Meetings are for members only. If you are interested in attending and are not yet a member, please contact one of our members and join as their guest.